February 19, 2008

Two hats

This hardly qualifies for a finished object post: Adam's hat is the one I knit on the plane on the way over. No pattern to speak of, just ribbing. The yarn is Berocco Peruvia and is very soft. Too soft I suspect to be durable enough for a sweater, but very nice for a hat.

awwwww.....

My hat is the one that was started in the leafy period back in January. I finished it before I left but didn't get around to blogging it and I didn't need to wear it until I got here. The pattern is Foliage from Knitty. I almost certainly could have gone down a needle size, but it's a great hat.

I'm afraid I still don't have a whole lot of knitting to show for my time here. I've been working on a pair of socks. Often I work on them while listening to podcasts on my laptop - which I do when I get to the point where I really need to hear English for a while.


This is another one that I'm largely making up as I go along. The yarn is Elann Sock it to Me 4ply, which I haven't used before. Shortly before I left Canada a bunch of this went up on the Elann site and I'm always on the hunt for good solid colour sock yarns. So far it's not the softest, but we'll see how it washes. It has a nice hard twist and great stitch definition. If you've got a pair of cabled socks in you queue this is a yarn worth considering. Can't beat the price either.

Happily I am finally feeling settled and have been considering some bigger projects, so things should get a little more interesting soon.

No comments: