July 31, 2008

Knit On

Only three posts for July - not good. Fortunately August should be more prolific, in both knitting and blogging.

The knitting will be driven, in part, by the Ravelympics. I'm not so much feeling the actual Olympic spirit this year, but I'm always up for a knitting event. I participated in Stephanie's Knitting Olympics in 2006, knitting (and completing) my Ribby Cardi in the specified period. Since I have a few more things on my plate this year I'm being a little less ambitious and have signed up for the Sock Putt. Haven't decided on a specific project yet, I'm hoping that a trip to my old LYS this week will clear things up.


Also likely to be keeping the needles moving in August is the premiere issue of Knotions, which goes live on the fourth. Knotions promises to be a different kind of knitting magazine and their commitment to fair treatment for designers should start important conversations within the industry.

Posting should be getting more regular very soon. In the meantime here's a vacations snapshot sneakpeak of the second slurm sock visiting Pyramid Lake in Jasper National Park.

No comments: