May 19, 2008

Progress, finally

My much anticipated extra needles finally made it here last Thursday and a wet, slow weekend meant lots of knitting time.


The bottom ribbing and one sleeve are done. The sleeves are 3/4 length and the knitting went quickly. All it needs now is the other sleeve, the front and neck bands and a little finishing work. Although the thing is getting a bit big and floppy work on the seaming avoidance which knitting in one piece enables is worth it. There will be a good number of ends to work in, however.

So the cardigan will be done in the near future, but I won't be working on it exclusively. Though it goes completely against my usual knitting philosophy I have another large project started already. This arrived the day after the needles (it was a good mail week).


The yarn for deadline project number one, all the way from Canada. I have not yet decided how much of this project I'm going to blog. It's a wedding gift for my brother and his bride and they've been known to read here from time to time. I'm not giving away any secrets by telling you that it's an afghan and that the knitting is going to be a marathon. I know it will get done, the question is whether deadline project two will even be begun.

Once I've worked a few rows of the pattern I'll have a better idea of the time-scale involved, so far its all edging. At least today was cool - there is a good possibility that I am going to regret the decision to work and enormous wooly thing in the heat of summer.

We're still waiting for a few things here, but at least I'll have no trouble keeping busy.

No comments: